Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I've delayed because Miami is notoriously slow about opening Oscar contenders and indie film, but here are my top ten movies of 2008, complete with links to remarks I've made in the last year.

I'll note that I've included two documentaries for the first time, as well as two others who might have made it in any other year: Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired and Wild Combination: A Portrait of Arthur Russell. Also: I've never included so many foreign films. Assume what you will.

Rachel Getting Married
4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days

Still Life
The Witnesses
Up the Yangtze
The Flight of the Red Balloon
WALL-E

Paranoid Park
Taxi to the Dark Side
Milk

2 comments:

John C. said...

If I'm including "4 Months" as a 2008 movie (and why not -- it didn't even make it to Chicago until mid-February), then our top two are identical.

Alfred Soto said...

At last!