Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mid-year report: singles/tracks

Nothing's really blown me away this year quite like the Frankie Knuckles remix of the only Antony vocal I can imagine championing five years from now.

In (rough) descending order:

Hercules & Love Affair - "Blind (Frankie Knuckles Remix)"
Cut Copy - "So Haunted"
The-Dream feat. Rihanna - "Livin' A Lie"
The Juan MacLean - "Happy House"
Mary J. Blige - "Fade Away"
The Hold Steady - "Sequestered in Memphis"
Lil Wayne - "Shoot Me Down"
Ashlee Simpson - "Little Miss Obsessive"
My Morning Jacket - "Touch Me I'm Going To Screan Part 2"
No Age - "Here Should Be My Home"
The B-52's - "Eyes Wide Open"
Donna Summer - "Stamp Your Feet"
Wale - "The Artistic Integrity"
Al Green - "Stay With Me (By The Sea)"
Portishead - "Machine Gun"

1 comment:

kiss out the jams said...

My Morning Jacket! No Age! INDIEFUCK